Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to talk about mental health issues and build connections with like minded people.

SignUp Now!

Do you think people fake depression?

Heatman

Member
Joined
May 26, 2022
Messages
180
Personally, I don't think it's possible for anyone to fake depression because it's something they can't control. What I believe so many people fake is being okay. So, when you're dealing with people, try as much as possible to be kind because many are going through a lot.
 
Some people may exaggerate or pretend to have depression, but that doesn’t mean most people are faking it. Depression isn’t always obvious from the outside, and someone can look completely fine while struggling privately. It’s better not to assume someone is pretending just because their behavior doesn’t match what depression is expected to look like.
 
Personally, I don’t think people can simply fake depression, because it’s not something they can just switch on or off. What many people are actually good at faking is being okay. Someone may look completely fine while dealing with a lot privately, which is why kindness matters.
 
Back
Top