Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to talk about mental health issues and build connections with like minded people.

SignUp Now!

How Did Euphoria Change the Way Teen Addiction Is Shown on TV?

Maya

Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2023
Messages
71
"Euphoria" is a TV show that presents drug use, addiction, relationships, and teenage insecurity through highly stylized visuals. Some viewers praise its honesty, while others worry about glamorization. Does the show's visual style make its darker subjects easier to understand, or can beautiful presentation make destructive behavior look appealing? Do you think the show helps people to understand addiction better?
 
I have watched Euphoria, and I think it changed the conversation around teen addiction by making it feel more personal and emotionally intense. It doesn’t just show substance use as a bad choice, but explores how addiction affects relationships, identity, family, and everyday life.
 
I haven’t watched Euphoria, but I’ve watched shows dealing with similar themes. From what I’ve seen, strong visuals can make difficult subjects easier to connect with, but they can also make destructive behavior look attractive. I think the real value shiuld come from showing the emotional and personal damage behind addiction.
 
Back
Top